A home security system is a connection of devices that work together to protect a home. A typical home security system comes with a control panel and keypads, motion detectors, door and window sensors, alarm, security cameras, and warning signs. The control panel serves as the primary control center while the other components play their part in keeping the home secure.
Home security systems put your mind at ease and help keep everyone in your home safe 24/7. Research has shown that homes with security systems are rarely broken into by burglars. This is because the signs serve as a major deterrent to perpetrators of such acts.
How Home Security Systems Works
In the case of a break-in into your home, while your home security system is active, a sensor is triggered, be it at an entry point such as a window or door or within the house. When the sensors send the breach signal to the control center, the panel activates an alarm to either notify those in the house of a break-in or the local authorities for a swift response.
What Happens When the Home Security System is Triggered?
- The alarm system is activated when one of the sensors is tampered with, one of two things will happen depending on how the alarm system is set up, either a high decibel alarm will sound or a silent alarm is sent to a private security company you have paid for such services.
- If you opted for the second option, once the silent alarm is received by the private security company, a dispatcher is alerted of a possible emergency at your home, the dispatchers are always ready to respond to your alarms.
- Once the dispatcher is notified, they will try to contact you through a secure channel to verify if the alarm is for a legitimate emergency or a false alarm. They are trained to try contacting you a certain number of times, if there’s no response, they treat the case as a legitimate emergency. If the dispatcher reaches you, and you confirm it’s a false alarm, they cancel such alarm.
- If they tried to contact you, and could not reach you or you verify it’s an emergency, they will notify your local emergency response team which is usually not far from your home to come help resolve the situation.
- The emergency response team should arrive at your home shortly to provide the assistance you and your family require.
For your home security system installations in Nigeria, contact Trivest Technologies on +234-802-230-6494 or forward a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Trivest Technologies is a home security system installation company in Nigeria.