It is not outside the realm of possibility that you unintentionally delete all or part of your CCTV footage, or someone else intentionally deletes it. To get such footage back, you can make use of a digital video recorder data recovery software.
There are several ways to recover deleted CCTV footage from your digital video recorder. The best method to use depends on the brand of digital video recorder you have. For popular and trusted brands, you could simply contact them for help by sending a mail to their technical support department, and they will definitely put you through or ask you to send in your DVR for them to handle the recovery process themselves.
However, if you are unable to get the required help from the manufacturer of your DVR, then you will have to resort to the use of a hard drive data recovery software like the EaseUS. It helps you recover any type of files that you may have lost on the hard drive.
Steps to recover your deleted CCTV Footage from the Digital Video Recorder
- You will need to remove the hard drive from the DVR or NVR and then install it on the computer that has the recovery software. To do this, follow the following steps:
- Open your DVR with a screwdriver
- Disconnect the SATA and power cables
- Unscrew the screws holding the HDD
- Remove the HDD
- Use a USB hard drive adapter to connect it to your computer, or install the HDD into the computer. Now you can use the data recovery tool.
To make use of the EaseUS tool:
- Install the EaseUS data recovery software on your computer.
- Open the software
- Select the hard drive that you want to recover data from (the one just removed from your DVR)
- Wait for it to scan the hard drive for files that can be recovered
- Select the ones you want to be recovered, click on the ‘recover’ button and wait for it to finish
- When it’s done, install the hard drive back to the DVR for it to read and export the footage to a file format (like mp4 or avi) that your computer recognizes.
Recovering files from your DVR may not exactly be an easy process but it can be done.
If you have any inquiries about CCTVs and data recovery, contact Trivest Technologies on +234-802-230-6494 or forward a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org