IP security cameras are modern digital cameras and are preferred to other kinds of cameras that are based on analog electric signals because they operate with internet protocol principles. They are network cameras and are in wide use due to the improved functionalities that they offer like remote surveillance, two-way communication, high resolution, adjustable frame rates, reduced cabling, and digital zoom.
Some types of IP cameras are dome cameras, indoor cube cameras, bullet cameras, and turret/mini-dome cameras.
- Dome cameras are typically mounted on the ceiling and can be fixed in one place or can pan, tilt, and zoom remotely.
- Indoor cube cameras are built for installation on flat surfaces or ceiling corners. Depending on the brand, they could come with speakers and built-in microphones for two-way communication. Because of this functionality, they could be used at entrances and as baby monitors.
- Bullet cameras are common and cylindrical in shape and they differ in size. They can be mounted on the wall and they work well if you have a specific focus for the camera to cover.
Here is a guide to help you choose the right IP cameras for your home or business.
How to Select the Right IP Cameras for Your Property
- Outdoor or Indoor Cameras?
The areas you will like to have surveillance will determine whether you’ll need an outdoor camera, indoor camera, or both. Dome cameras have a high degree of resistance to vandalism and weather while bullet cameras are not the most suitable for exposed areas. Even though PTZ cameras may be more expensive, they are preferred. Some cameras are made for indoor use only and work well if you don’t want them in the public eye.
2. Does it support night vision?
If you require your camera to work at night, then get one that has infrared lights which will make the footage through the cameras visible at night.
3. Acceptable field of view
Ensure that it zooms in well and covers as much as possible in the location that it will be installed.
4. Motion detection
With this feature, you can be alerted when motion is detected in certain restricted areas. When your attention is called to it, you can alert security personnel to take necessary actions in such situations.
Other features to look out for include weatherproofing, resolution, bandwidth, and power source. To get the best out of your security cameras, contact Trivest Technologies for procurement and installation today.
Call Trivest Technologies on +234-802-230-6494 or forward a mail to email@example.com